We know that we generally work in hazardous industry sectors. The combination of powerful equipment, flammable chemicals and processes that are under high pressure can lead to hazardous and even deadly incidents.
That’s why we make sure that our safety managers and supervisors identify and communicate recommended safety controls and hazards that exist on each work site before work begins.
Our company is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace to ensure that our employees and others are not injured.
Our goal is to eliminate all injuries, accidents and incidents and assure Zero Day Away From Work Case (DAFWC)
To achieve this goal we make safety a priority on all of our sites and jobs and we require proactive participation by everyone in our business to adequately plan the work we are carrying out and to act safely at all times.
This will be achieved via:
1. Planning ahead to systematically identify and controlling all hazards in our workplace and ensuring our employees have the right plant and skills needed to work safely and control these hazards.
2. Involving our employees/subcontractors in safety activities.
3. Inducting and training our employees to recognize and controlling hazards and holding regular safety meetings.
4. Monitoring our workplace to ensure our planned controls are effective.
5. Supervising our employees/subcontractors to ensure they are acting safely.
6. Recording all incidents and accidents in our workplace, investigating all known incidents and accidents and taking action to prevent recurrence.
7. Developing and implementing emergency and evacuation procedures.
8. Ensuring all plant and equipment is maintained and safe to use.
9. Ensuring our employees are provided with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).